Followers

Sunday, 12 March 2017

After The Fun Of Day Comes The Fright Of Night

Peeking from my covers I look through the glazing
Where not long before the sun had been blazing.
Slowly but surely it is becoming the night –
The sun’s gone away and now the moon is in sight.

Under the covers my fears they won’t keep
As I cling to my teddy and try not to sleep.
I cower much more but I don’t feel alright
As ghosts and ghouls can keep out of sight.

I sink much deeper into my bed
And try to remember what daddy had said:
That Halloween’s realism was all in my head,
But nevertheless I’m still filled with dread.

At every staircase’s groan, and every walls creek,
I stir from my hiding place and take a short peek.
I want my dad, I don’t like being on my own in my room
Under the watchful gaze of the frightening moon.

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017

A children’s poem.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment