Followers

Sunday, 12 March 2017

Little Soldier

Mother said that I was breaking a rule
Taking my toys into the school:
I wasn’t bothered, I wanted to have fun
Squirting the water from out of my gun.

I put on my soldier’s hat and went out to war,
Looking for Tubby Tucker to settle a score:
The previous night he had had to me done
A soaking from his mischievousness with a water gun.

I looked through the window at the classroom within,
Sally Swotter was there but there was no sight of him.
I looked near the dining room, his favourite place
Lanky Liam was there, so I soaked his face.

I looked near the swings and he wasn’t there
Nitty Nora was though, so I soaked her hair.
Tubby Tucker this morning must be running a bit late,
So I ran to the bushes behind the school gate.

I saw Simple Simon coming my way,
It was easy to get him, so I gave him a spray.
Then all of a sudden my adversary walked past,
So instead of a spray I gave him a blast.

Surprised, and dripping wet, he looked my way.
Smiling – ‘Revenge is sweet’ I did say:
But just behind him came his mum
Cursing and shouting at what I had done.

She took my to my teacher who told me I was a disgrace
For wetting Tubby Tucker’s clothes and Lanky Liam’s face,
And for spraying Simple Simon, and soaking Nitty Nora’s hair,
She called my mum and sent me home – I didn’t care.

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017

A children’s poem.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment