Followers

Friday, 23 June 2017

A Blessing In Disguise

Hip hip hooray, it is my daughter's birthday
She has grown in experience and wisdom,
And like the Biblical king Solomon,
She is wise in a knowledgeable way.

She has matured, and she is adored
By her close family and friends
And she follows fashionable trends
Such as fighting without the sword.

She sticks up for herself with a passion,
And looks after my interests of staying well,
As she has nurtured I from a tormented hell
Of a spell-binding, blinding derision.

I love her with the colours of the rainbow,
And with the strength of the blowing wind,
She is supplementary to me being kind
Which she emulates with a shining glow.

She is a beacon light of might from gripe,
And under her shadow I will ultimately strive
To live my life not dead but very alive
And to survive the horrors of my plight.

Copyright Andrew Stevenson 23/06/2017

A poem for my loving daughter, Georgia, who's birthday it is soon.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Love your poems Thankyou you mean the world to us love you with all are Hearts and over the rainbow xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my love. Glad you like them. You mean the world to me. Love you with all my heart and over the rainbow. Bye.

      Delete