Followers

Friday, 30 June 2017

Conceive To Believe

Are you soberly thinking
About how I am sinking
Into depths of despair
About you not having a care.

Am I still a suspect of neglect,
Or do you reason with my intellect
That I no-longer am a threat
To myself - I have plenty of regret.

You meant all and everything to me,
And my love is still striving to be
In you presence, with your essence
Of no pretence in your appetence.

You have the patience of a saint,
I am still feeling very faint
From longing for you to be reciprocal
From your celestial pedestal.

You stand up high, wondering why
As to try, but don't you deny
My chivalry and etiquette
That was not a threat.

I treated you so very nice,
So why are you acting like ice,
Being so cool as to stool
Into not making yourself a fool.

Can't it be conceivable
That I am believable,
As my intentions are trustworthy
Written in lines for you to see.

Copyright Andrew Stevenson 30/06/2017

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Are you soberly thinking
    About how I am sinking
    Into depths of despair
    About you not having a care.

    Am I still a suspect of neglect,
    Or do you reason with my intellect
    That I no-longer am a threat
    To myself - I have plenty of regret.

    Somehow, I feel these lines are written for me.Your blog is an amazing place.Following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for following. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. You words bring visions of Heathcliff pursuing his Cathy. Filled with so much passion and love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Hi I am The apoetseye Simon. You commented on my post. I have been reading through your poetry, it seems very sincere and emotionally driven. It has a truthful power about it. Love the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much. Love the love. Bye.

    ReplyDelete