Followers

Friday, 30 June 2017

Get Back On Track

I am assiduous with being pious
To yourself, and with a wealth
Of health, I will steer clear
Of what you don't want me to adhere.

My blood rushes through my veins,
Pumping my heart, which gains
The pressure of you, bursting
At the seams - saturating.

You are my precious near and dear,
And with my intentions so sincere
I will not fear to cry a tear
As I am missing you being near.

Come back from whence you went,
And I will be hell-bent from this Lent,
As you are acting devilishly shy
With your sinning from this beginning,
And respectfully ask yourself why
You don't try, as you deny our winning.

Copyright Andrew Stevenson 30/06/2017

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrew, do you write a poem every week, every day?? I love how you bring it all together. I some times have to think about your words...I know there's a reason to the rhyme...hehe. I am going to read some more of your poetry. Do you have any books out there?? Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can write several poems a day if I'm inspired! My ex is my inspiration at the moment. I love playing around with words and phrases, and sometimes use the same rhymes but with a different expression in different pieces. I like to be creative, productive and constructive. I've sent some work off to a publisher, but as of yet have not got a reply.

      Thank you for liking my work and for leaving a generous comment. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking so. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. I love this poem! It touched me in a way that I cannot express. Thank you, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking so, and you are welcome. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete