Followers

Tuesday, 25 July 2017

A Stranger

I've just been to see my mum,
She is looking down and glum
As her partner has dementia
A tormenting type of torture.

He stresses her out with his pacing
About, his mind seems to be racing
With Incoherent phrases that he is relating
To me, she and we who are also suffering.

A shadow of his former-self
Suffering this ill-health,
He has lost his dignity
Experiencing this insanity.

Nevertheless, they soldier on
At these heartbreaking times begun,
He is a trial to her patience
And respectful perseverance.

My mum is getting on in years
And while she holds back her fears,
She is still tormented by a stranger
With her safety in possible danger.

Copyright Andrew Stevenson 25/07/2017

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. So very raw and vulnerable, this personal Truth about the torment of failing health and watching a Loved One become a shadow of their former selves. Thank you for coming for a Blog visit, I'm enjoying your Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a crying shame, especially for my mother. Thank you for your kind comment. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete