Followers

Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Come Around To How I Sound

Can I be the king of your castle
Acting like a knight in armour,
Or am I like the court jester
Acting the fool with humour.

I'll use chivalry as a tool
Regardless if you think me uncool,
And I'd fight with etiquette
Being gentlemanly with a threat.

Id protect you from infernal ways,
And love you until the end of days,
You are my queen and with a scream
I will frighten away a bad dream.

I am hag-ridden with your absence
And wonder if you'll make an appearance
As you are keeping me in suspense
Which is making me feel tense.

Copyright Andrew Stevenson 05/07/2017

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew. You dropped by on my blog (all the way in Illinois) so here I am saying hello to you! I enjoyed your poem above and most especially the line "I am hag ridden with your absence". Take care and keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Glad you like the poem. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete