Followers

Sunday 29 April 2018

Who Am I

Hurrying here and scurrying there,
Ever watchful of people that stare
At a lunatic going about his business –
And a person in deep, mental distress. 

Trying to stay stable, in and out
Of a maddening psychosis bout,
And I may be madly inclined
To worry you out of your mind. 

But I'm mindful of who I am and how to cope
As I'm also charitable to the aid of some hope
Of my being a gentleman with wise chivalry –
I can also be quite humorous and witty. 

I am a multitude of characteristics, an enigma,
Alters to cope with while suffering the stigma
Of being mentally insane, a reject of society
And a person of considerable notoriety. 

© Andrew Stevenson 21/03/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
This poem was written when my meds didn't suit me.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.
 

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful insight Andrew of who and what you are.
    Good luck to you, as an Epiletic there is much diecrimination
    about so know the pitfalls.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your understanding, it is greatly appreciated. I've been quite mad with a lot of my family! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Dear Andrew ..our greatest consolation is the truth.. that is what keeps us free from lies that circle around us by the unseeing...You write with such honesty and beauty..keep on the good work... love and light ..joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Joy. Thank you for your kind words, they are warmly received. Love and light to you too. God bless. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  3. Another powerful and revealing piece, Andrew. Society must improve of meeting the needs of people with mental illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. I agree with you whole-heartedly. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete