Followers

Friday 27 April 2018

Found Then Lost

I walk but want to run, as I am eager for expression of mind,
But I am on a leash, as medication can sometimes be unkind,
And during this lapse of my true faculties, I drowsily think
And understand sorrow of heart that can cause a bad stink.

Despair can be blood thirsty, and eat up your consciousness,
And as you feel faint with the pressures of some seriousness,
You can understand my daughter’s worried perspectives
At a seemingly 'alter' of character in my insane objectives.

I like to sing, laugh, and enjoy friendly banter connotations,
And have come out of my shell of sluggish palpitations –
A paradox of a duration that flowed with a fast beat
As I endured fearful relations in a mad, paranoia heat. 

© Andrew Stevenson 17/03/20`17
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. A very honest and heart rendering poem Andrew. I agree medication at times can cause havoc. A truly wonderful read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your understanding. I wrote this piece after struggling for a while! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Powerful and so true: "Despair can be blood thirsty, and eat up your consciousness." Wow! Medication changed my life for the better, so I'm grateful I can have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. Thank you for your kind words of understanding. I wrote this after struggling for a while. Glad the medication I now take suits me. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete