Followers

Monday 30 April 2018

I Was And Am

Medication can be tearfully unkind
Messing about with my insane mind,
And as I slump into depths of despair
I am prone to sit quietly and stare. 

A paranoid mentality of nurses after me
After a lifetime of extreme insanity:
They are organised and are forsaking
To my reluctance to unkindly pill taking. 

I think I am being scrutinised, analysed -
Which can render I to be mentally paralysed,
But I still exchange pleasing pleasantries
Regardless of my unending mentality. 

Oh, woe to I and my stupid beliefs
Synonymous with psychiatric grief's,
As I'm sometimes rendered incapacitated –
An insane, grave position really hated 

I have times of being quite well
Where others can observably tell
That I’m taking care of myself,
As I look and sound in good health. 

© Andrew Stevenson 22/03/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
I wrote this when my meds didn't suit me.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. This must have been a sad time for you, hopefully Andrew all is well now.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your kind concern within your pleasing words. All is well, I'm on the right medication now, which suits me well! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. What a difficult time that must have been for you, Andrew. I'm glad that things are going well for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind concern. I'm glad I've been well for a long spell with being on the right medication that suits me. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete