Followers

Tuesday 14 November 2017

I Am Hoping

I hope Karen is working tomorrow
And that it doesn’t end in sorrow,
As I don’t know if she is courting –
If she is not I will be up for asking
Her out on a date to wine and dine
This beautiful, pretty Lady so fine.
We already know each other well
And I think she is sublimely swell. 

Will she take a chance on a romance
And come out for a drink and dance,
Where I’ll act like a true gentleman
Being as nice as I possibly can.
I will use wise tact and guile
To make Karen happily smile. 

© Andrew Stevenson 14/11/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

10 comments:

  1. Keep that hope alive Andrew, one must have hope in life.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne. I feel a little nervous! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping you can indeed make Karen smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, for your kind sentiments. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, for your kind words. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  4. Well-written. I do hope Karen would smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind sentiments. I hope she smiles too! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  5. I'm working backwards, so I know Karen wasn't at work. Tomorrow is always another day. Give her a big smile when you see her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. I'm sure I'll see her again soon? I will give her a beaming smile when I see her! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete