Followers

Wednesday 27 September 2017

An Endeavour To Treasure

You are an endeavour
As I am still pursuing you
With feelings to renew
As you were a treasure.
I was feeling very blue
When we did sever,
But I brave the weather
Of having a love so true.

The refreshing rain can fall
To cool you on a hot day.

Why do you not play ball
By reading what I say.

You do not heed my call
Of coming around to play.


© Andrew Stevenson 27/09/2017

An English sonnet with a specific rhyming scheme. Thank you, Martin, for introducing me to a new type of sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you recover "Your Treasure".

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind sentiments. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a challenging rhyming scheme, especially when you have to repeatedly rhyme with endeavor! Well done, Andrew! I hope that, at the very least, Clare is reading what you have written and is accepting your sincere apology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise. I've sent her my blog address, and get quite a few views from the UK, so here's hoping for the best! It's quite hard to write with such specific rhyming! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete