Followers

Tuesday 19 September 2017

My Blog Name Explained

I lived on Wordsworth Crescent,
In an area called Poet’s Corner,
The surrounding area was pleasant
As you could experience nature –
Similarly, but differently
To Wordsworth’s history
Of nurturing its splendour
And writing down its wonder.

Wordspoeticallyworth
Stems from my place of birth,
And I also love nature
Like our poetic author.
Mother Nature is fruitful
In being pretty and beautiful.


© Andrew Stevenson 19/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is creatively beautiful like your hear, Andrew, keep on shining and sharing :) love and light ..Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Love and light to you too. Enjoy your week! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Very creative. May Wordsworth Crescent enjoy the blessings of like minds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martin. All the streets, crescents, walks, cul-de-sacs were named after famous poets. I lived on Wordsworth Crescent for twenty-five years! I enjoyed living there, we had fun! Blessings to you. Enjoy your week. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Great explanation, I used to live in a "Shelley" area where his son owned the house my apartment was in. all the streets were named after poets.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed learning about the 'greats' at school and university - it was enlightening after so many years of knowing their names but not their work! That's a coincidence! Thank you for thinking so. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  4. OMG ~ I never picked up on "Wordsworth," and now that you've explained your blog's title, I'm wondering why I didn't! Very creative! I love the Romantic poets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue. I like the romantic poets too. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete