Followers

Saturday 30 September 2017

Out And About

I got up at five very much alive,
I got to see the morning sunrise,
The colours were amazing
With the fiery sun blazing:
I was walking my pet dog
In the morning dew and fog,
She was running off her lead
Sniffing the odd bush and weed. 

Nature is so wonderfully nice,
She can enchant you from strife,
To give you some peace of mind
From a world sometimes not kind.
I would pick a Christian Lady a rose
And on one knee I would propose. 

© Andrew Stevenson 30/09/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. I too am an early riser, a wonderful time of day.
    So much enjoyed your poem Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. The early mornings are great for a stroll with my pet dog. It can be nice and peaceful too in the early hours! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Nature is a balm for the body and the soul. It sounds like you had a spectacular walk, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise. Nature truly is invigorating. I do enjoy my early morning walks with Sadie. There is hardly any traffic, so I mostly let her off the lead. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete