Followers

Thursday 21 September 2017

Think Like A Shrink

I saw the psychiatrist today
Where I was able to have my say
About my meds being too strong
And his prescription being wrong;
He listened to my conversing
About my excessive sleeping
And has taken me off injections
With a six-month plan of reductions.

I have been well for a long spell
And do not suffer living in hell,
My life at the moment is heavenly
And full of family tranquillity.
I am going back on tablets
With no immediate regrets.


© Andrew Stevenson 21/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this poetic insught

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Martin. I've got a new psychiatrist, who seems to listen more than the others I've experienced. Blessings to you.

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I appreciate your kind sentiments. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat. Smiles to you too. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  4. I think it's important for doctors to listen carefully to their patients. Patients know their bodies and minds better than anyone else. I take tablets, too; and they've changed my life for the better. Unfortunately, I will have to be on them for the rest of my life. Whenever I try to eliminate them, I quickly rediscover what a difference they make. I am grateful for mental quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue. My new psychiatrist is a lot better than my old one. Meds have certainly helped me. Sorry you have to take meds for the rest of your life - I suppose I will too! Glad you have your peace of mind! Blessings. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete