Followers

Tuesday 26 September 2017

As A Teenager

I used to be a Marine Cadet,
I made the rank of Sargent;
I used to enjoy a hike and trek
Searching for a hostile target.
I used to practice manoeuvres
With the other cadet soldiers,
I would tell them where to be
With a position of authority.

We used to have lots of fun
Acting the part with a 303 gun,
I had lots of friendly friends
Following their military trends.
You would get taught a sensibility
Of respecting the comradery.


© Andrew Stevenson 26/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. My first husband always spoke about the comradery of being in the army. That type of bonding is unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experienced happy years in the Marine Cadets, and the comradery was special - we all acted like a team!

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete