Followers

Monday 25 September 2017

Soulfully Blue

I’ve got a hole in my shoe,
Rain water is seeping through,
This is making me feel blue.
I have to watch where I tread,
Puddles fill me with dread,
They need fixing with a thread.
I’d like to buy a pair of Lacoste
But they are expensive in cost.

I’ll have to save for a rainy day
To be able to afford to pay
For the shoes I want to wear,
A pair I’ll look after with care.
I’ve got trainers to put on
Until I have the princely sum.


© Andrew Stevenson 25/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get your new shoes soon Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You painted quite a picture with your solefully blue shoes.
    Hope some new ones shake your soulful blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what can inspire you to write a poem! Thank you for your kind sentiments. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete