Followers

Monday 25 September 2017

Dementia Torture

I’ve been to see my mum,
Lately she always looks glum,
Her partner has dementia
And she does ultimately suffer
With his negative behaviour,
Which is stressfully annoying
Leading to him being frustrating
As he is not mindfully knowing.

I took them both shopping
Where they were viewing
What the shops were selling
With a mind to purchasing.
My mother is regrettably suffering
With his diminishing reasoning.


© Andrew Stevenson 24/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. It must be an awful strain on your mum, I hope all goes well for her and her partner.....keep an eye on them.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind concern, Yvonne. And yes, it is a strain. She is due for a hip operation next month, so will struggle even more! She has me and my brothers and sisters to help her out. My two sisters are going to live with her while she recovers. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. My heart goes out to anyone with dementia, and even more to his or her caretakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both suffering. My mother gets a lot of help from me, and my brothers and sisters. But she is unstable on her feet!

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete