Followers

Monday 25 September 2017

My Pet Jack Russel

My pet dog, Sadie,
Keeps me company,
She has come to be
Comfortingly friendly.

She’ll snuggle up to me
While I am watching TV,
And she’ll give me a lick
And bite the odd tick.

She is loving with people
And is very personable;
She likes being petted
Especially on her head.

She will bark at a cat
And chase a scurrying rat,
She will put up a fight
With dogs that bite.

I love her greatly so
And like her being in tow
With her gamely stalking
While we are walking.


© Andrew Stevenson 25/09/2017

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poem Andrew. Animals are wonderful to have unfortunately I'm not allowed them in my apartment.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I love Sadie, greatly. Sorry you are not allowed pets, they make great companions! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing at your last two lines. Little dogs have such spirit, and I can see your Jack Russell stalking in all seriousness as you walk along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it brought you a few smiles. She has got a lot of spirit, and we have a lot of fun. I take her for a walk in a nice meadow, where she can have a good run. Blessings to you.

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete