Followers

Sunday 18 November 2018

An Odyssey

I have been through an odyssey of ill-health –
Some symptoms obvious while others in stealth,
While hiding away not wanting to face another day
The voices and aggressive behaviour come into play.
 
Who am I, a multitude of alters and countenances
That sadly come at different levels of insane prices,
As in punishing myself into being quite unwell –
A prolonging suffering cursed mad mental spell.
 
To punch oneself in the face
With my faculties out of place,
Let’s face it, it is a truly shit
Way to behave with some grit.
 
Who are you – what are you about,
Do you loudly scream and shout
In an insane behavioural sad storm
About not being at a comfy ‘norm’.
 
We all get angry, but I get unruly
With me, myself and I, a truly
Negative way to insanely behave –
So fatefully and mentally grave.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017
 
An edited piece.
 
Please note I am well at the moment.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. I believe we all get angry with ourselves Andrew. Whether it is the ituations we're in or how we percieve them. Don't be hard on yourself.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. This is an old piece. Lots of us suffer in some way or another in life, paying the price of strife. I'm well at the moment. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete