Followers

Tuesday 13 November 2018

To My Daughter

We are the same: you are me and I am you,
There was so much that I wanted us to do,
But our life at the moment we cannot share
Because I’m in hospital and you are out there.
 
When I look back to the things that we have done,
We duly had many a happy time with plenty of fun:
Our moments outside that we have shared together
Are in my mind – memories that will last forever.
 
You came to me from the heavens above –
A gift from God, an Angel of peaceful love.
My time for now has all but stood still,
But my love it goes on, and always it will.
 
You are my life and mean everything to me,
So all of my love I'm saving for when I’m free,
But for now a visit's cuddle is something I strive
Because in your arms my love comes nicely alive.
 
I was feeling down, but now I feel much better
For writing this poem and sending this letter,
The hours it's taken me will all be worthwhile
If it lights up your face and brings you a smile.
 
Well, my Love, I will let out an unhappy sigh
Because it is time for me to write ’goodbye';
I can't tuck you in but I hope you sleep tight –
Sweet dreams Georgia, God bless, goodnight.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 10/03/2017
 
An edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem Andrew to a much loved daughter.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne for your kind words. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete