Followers

Saturday 5 May 2018

Believe And Do Not Grieve

Look up to the sky
And hear the cry
Of our God up high
As to why deny
We are all to die. 

Some will be in purgatory
For their inability to see
Sensibly to Jesus wise plea
That after-life is heavenly
If you come to believe in He.

Jesus preached forgiveness
To alleviate personal stress
At believing in what’s best
Having more and not less
Of His apt words to digest. 

Jesus’ still gave supplication
To an unbelieving nation
Adhering to religious separation
Not believing He is God's Son
Preaching His wise wisdom. 

Will you pray this Sunday
For Jesus to lead the way
To a brighter and better day
Of being happier while at play
In God’s image made of clay. 

© Andrew Stevenson 05/05/2018
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. At my age Andrew the enivitable is always in the back of one's mind. My husband was only 57 when he passed away
    but is thought of often.
    Most humble poem with beautiful words.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Sorry for the mistake with your name again! I'm fifty this year, so am close to passing myself! Sorry your husband passed at such an early age! Glad he is still fondly thought of. Glad you liked the piece. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest, Andrew. I have a lot of conflicting feelings and thoughts about religion, and I typically describe myself as an agnostic. That said, it is the thought of Jesus and his compassion and love that keeps me from being an atheist. I don't have your strong faith. I wish I did. I think that the multiverse and whatever God may be are beyond anything we can imagine as humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. I fell in love with Jesus while suffering with my condition, and He helped me a lot with His compassion and loving. I don't judge you for your own personal beliefs, as I was an unbeliever for many years until I called upon Him to support me in my time of need. Blessings to you my friend.

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete