Followers

Saturday 12 May 2018

Having Bipolar

The time of day ticks by slowly, drawing in the night,
And undercover is a brightness plight,
As I am lethargic and restless –
Superficially painless. 

My smiles and cheeriness fade into a space,
Where loneliness picks up its pace,
To draw on my intellect,
With a mind to dissect. 

I am twisted in two, this way or that way,
Indecisive affray to play or decay,
And as I rot in thoughtfulness,
In comes the darkness. 

I have to look before I leap, and under the sheet
I sleep, and bleat and bleat and bleat,
And as the hours are stolen away,
I live to fight another day. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

6 comments:

  1. Very honest and wonderfully written. Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your kind comment, it is greatly appreciated. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Fastidious respond in return of this question with firm arguments
    and describing all concerning that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings. Thank you for your kind words, they are warmly received. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  3. Your poem reminds me of sleepless nights when I couldn't quiet my brain. Well done, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, for your kind words. Glad you liked it. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete