Followers

Friday 23 November 2018

Advancing

I walked for a mile
With a big smile –
It was worthwhile.
 
The flowers blooming
Were duly very pleasing
With colours consuming.
 
Blessed me walking free,
In a spirit of nice ecstasy
Appreciating the beauty.
 
Feeling the sun up high
I wondered what was nigh –
Happy merriment or a sigh.
 
Would she accept my charms,
As I am suffering some alms
Not being in her hugging arms.
 
I'll accept my future fate,
Only now a short wait
As I opened her gate.
 
I knocked at her large door,
Feeling small and insecure
With being frightfully unsure.
 
While I patiently waited for she
I enjoyed the garden scenery –
A source of scenic serenity.
 
She opened the door not feeling sore
From me being a regrettable lazy bore
From not fulfilling a mundane chore.
 
She hugged my close to her,
I love her being my partner
And I’m glad we’re together.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 02/04/2017
 
An edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment