Followers

Monday 19 November 2018

The Spider

I am small with long legs and a black hairy back,
I am feeling alright but there is one thing I lack –
A nice big full belly and if I'm right with my hunch
It won’t be too long before I get myself some lunch.
 
The human below with short, fair hair,
Had opened the window to let in some air –
Dodging flailing arms and shooing away
My waiting could be over as in flew prey.
 
Walking on the walls and flying heartily about,
Flapping its wings and sniffing with its snout,
It walks on the table, then flies in the dirty bin,
Searching for food that it might find so within.
 
It flies up to the ceiling, then it flies down to the floor,
It flies on up below me and lands upon the kitchen door;
I hope it comes up near me and gets entangled in my web
And I hope the human's bin brings it here to me well fed.
 
It leaps up off the door and gets caught up in my snare,
I spin my thread all over it so it cannot flee my lair,
I feel so very hungry, I haven't eaten since last night –
The juicy fly let out a sigh as I took a mighty bite.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 07/04/2017
 
An edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. This was great Andrew, many years ago I once wrote a poem about being a spider. Brought back fond memories.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne for your kind words, they are greatly received. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete