Followers

Friday 30 November 2018

I Am Ecclesiastical

You have made me woebegone,
My new times apparently begun
Are at a tether, and on a leash
I will duly act like a holy priest.
 
Jesus was all heart and ache
And he did forsake the take
From the vulnerable and needy,
Out of sync with much harmony.
 
I will aspire to your desire of internal fire,
And with passion I will keep you warm,
And with looking after you I will not tire –
I’ll always be there keeping you from harm.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 22/06/2017
 
An edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful poem Andrew. Great to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for thinking so, it is much appreciated. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Your verses really do speak volumes about you as a person. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Tracy. Thank you for thinking so, it is most welcomed. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and am an open book to read! You are welcome. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  3. This is truly a lovely poem, Andrew. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Susan. Thank you for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete