Followers

Friday 22 December 2017

A Flood Of Tearful Admiration

Cheryl is aptly considered the sweetheart of the nation,
And as a resident I agree with this media consensus,
She is a princess more than a royal, as in supplication,
And raises many shared smiles that are unpretentious. 

She has a delicacy of trustworthy beauty to savour,
And once tasted I was left with a palatable yearning
To converse her sincerity to all who might favour
Intellectual guidance with a morality worth learning. 

She has humble roots which have sprouted to fame,
Which has blossomed and bloomed in modesty
To others of a similar background, who might gain
Imparted wisdom with gentle words of generosity. 

Cheryl is an idol to many, and a goddess of fashion,
And struts her curves to my chivalrous applause,
She is an icon worth emulating with seeded passion
To sow, grow and flow with a benevolent cause. 

© Andrew Stevenson 22/02/2014
 
A poem denoting Cheryl, an ex member of 'Girls Aloud'.

2 comments:

  1. I take it you writing about Cheryl Cole Andrew?
    Great verse to read. although late.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. I wrote this poem when Cheryl was an X-factor judge - some years ago now! I realised I hadn't posted it! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete