Followers

Saturday 16 December 2017

Christmas Shopping

I took my mum shopping,
Her partner who has dementia
Was at Curzon Park Centre,
With the cold wind blowing
You can tell we are in winter.
The shops were welcoming
With their warmth and heat
From wayfaring in the street. 

My mother is poor on her feet,
But she perseveres with walking,
We were pleasantly conversing
While Christmas purchasing.
She spoke to my CPN yesterday
To check that she thinks I’m okay. 

© Andrew Stevenson 15/12/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
CPN denotes 'Community Psychiatric Nurse'.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely you took your mother Christmas shopping Andrew. I'm sure she appreciated the guesture.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind sentiments. We help each-other out! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete