Followers

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Be Merry With Sherry

It is Christmas time,
The lonely will pine
To be with their family
During the festivities.
Share with them apathy
With a sense of empathy.
I feel for those suffering
With a deep understanding. 

It is the season to be jolly,
And to be happily merry,
So open a bottle of sherry
And have yourself a tipple.
I wish you all the very best
And hope you have a feast. 

© Andrew Stevenson 18/12/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thought of someone like myself who will be alone at Christmas, as for the sherry I'm not allowed to drink with the medication I take.
    Great poem Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. Sorry you can't enjoy a tipple. I take my medication in the morning, so don't mind the odd drink in the evening. I'll be driving over Christmas, so won't be drinking much - until I'm home at night time! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete