Followers

Saturday 2 December 2017

Able To Be Amicable

I picked my grandson up today,
From his nan’s where he did stay,
She lives in the next town along
So it didn’t take me that long:
I took him to a toy superstore
Where he did implore for more,
But he’ll have to wait for Christmas
When and where he’ll be blessed. 

I enjoyed having a chat with him,
And we talked about our kin,
He is resentful of his loving sister
And is argumentative with her.
But he can be sweetly adorable
And also lovingly respectful. 

© Andrew Stevenson 02/12/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely that you got to spend some time with your grandson. One of the joys of Christmas for us is staying with some of our grandchildren. The best thing about getting old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, for your kind words. My grandson can be so polite and gentle and sweet, but on the other hand he can be stubborn with his sister! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful poem Andrew brought a tear to my eye......I miss my grandchildren although they are well in their teens.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your kind words. Sorry you don't see much of your grandchildren! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete