Followers

Tuesday 23 January 2018

A Detainee

I'm cursing while rolling down a hill,
Malfunctioning with being severely ill;
What warrants scrupulous attention
Is the inevitability of some detention. 

Locked away in a state of extreme worry,
Cursing - but not being a cowardly bully,
As staff have control of all of the ward –
I fight with my mouth, and not the sword. 

I sometimes get restrained for my ill-gain
But I won't refrain from honour in I name
As I am gentlemanly to both she and he
Who go about their business respectfully. 

A needle with poison in for my arm
While I am trying to keep sanely calm:
I wobble slowly away to face my day
With staff not distinguishing what I say. 

© Andrew Stevenson 02/03/2017
 
A past poem that I've re-edited. I was negative towards medication at this particular time in my life!
 
Thank you. Love love,  Andrew. Bye.

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Andrew, Wonderful and inspiring to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is powerful, Adam! I can't imagine what it would be like to be in this situation, but I can feel your pain and frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam! So sorry, Andrew! I hate when I do this! I'd blame auto prediction on my computer, but it was probably me making a connection with something my blogging buddy Adam posted.

      Delete
    2. It's alright Louise, and sorry I missed commenting on your lovely response for so long! An easy mistake you made. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete