Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

Sophie Now At Bay

She's gone away, I hope to stay,
As she's just no good for me I see:
We used to play throughout our day
Quite merrily, joyfully and happily. 

She's gone, and now I'm up for fun
Flirting with females who seem nice:
Beginnings that have justly begun
From her perseverance acting like ice. 

We used to love quite generously –
She was loving with love to share,
But why is she acting venomously
And seemingly without a care. 

Shouting is not my sport
And reacting not my passion,
This is a final last resort
Of a vented frustration. 

© Andrew Stevenson 02/04/2017
 
A past poem denoting my recent ex, Sophie.
 
Thank  you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking so. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes vented frustration is just what you need to propel yourself past a big disappointment. Certainly writing has often made the difference for me ~ not poetry. I don't have that talent like you do ~ LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love Sophie, but she was ill too. She was on injections for years, and was stable, and we enjoyed life together. But then she went back on tablets, and was sporadic with taking them, which made her argumentative with her erratic suspicions. Writing is a release. I was writing a lot when I met Sophie, but this soon diminished as we spent most of the time together. My writing is flowing at the moment, because I've now got time on my hands! I'm glad writing has helped you. Blessings to you.

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. People do change Andrew, get on with your life.
    Enjoyed your well written poem.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete