Followers

Saturday 13 January 2018

Free To Be And See

My daughter is my life,
She aids my mental strife
And has kept my quite well
For a welcome and blessed spell.
I have bipolar and can act bad
Making all of my family sad;
But I’m lovingly a glad dad
Despite often being mad. 

She loves my unconditionally
And I like this sane rationality
As sometimes I’m argumentative
Suffering being quite negative.
I’ve not been in hospital for a while
Which puts on my face a smile. 

© Andrew Stevenson 13/01/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Obviously a loving parent.

    Having a relative with bi-polar I relate to these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, for your kind words. Sorry you have a relative with bipolar! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful support your daughter is, Andrew! It speaks volumes about how good a father and grandfather you must be. Living with bipolar disorder is not easy, for the person with it and anyone close to him or her. I can trace it through at least five generations in my family. You are courageous to speak out about it in such a personal and accessible way. You are demonstrating that people can rise above such challenges and lead a regular, good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your inspiring words. Sorry you can trace it back in your family - and for so long. I'm the first in my family that I know of! My daughter is a great, and loving support, which I greatly appreciate. Thank you for your concern. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Most enjoyable to read Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovley dad thankyou xx we are all proud of you and will always be here for you love you lots xxxxx

    ReplyDelete