Followers

Thursday 4 January 2018

Longing For Spring

We’re in the midst of winter
Enduring the cold weather,
Jack Frost comes at a cost
As many lives will be lost.
The ice has been slippery,
I fell and hurt my knee.
We’ve had blizzards blowing –
It has been really freezing. 

Spring can’t come too soon
With life to blossom and bloom
With Mother Nature’s nurturing
Of sowing, feeding and growing.
I’m pining for a warmer climate
But I’ll have to patiently wait. 

© Andrew Stevenson 04/01/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
I wrote this last week while it was snowing here in the UK.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Yes Andrew, I too am awaiting the spring. This wind and rain is getting boring.
    Enjoyed the read.

    Yvonnee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. We are both thinking likewise! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I'm sensing a pattern here as I play catch up, Andrew! I think you've had enough of winter. My husband and I spent December in Arizona. I was worried to see our Rockies when I returned, because there is no snow pack visible to speak of. It's been dry and warm here, and I worry about water in Colorado and all the downstream states that depend on our snowpack. I hope spring comes soon to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your comment. I am longing for Spring! Sorry you haven't got your snow yet and for any suffering this might cause! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete