Followers

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Behaving Mentally

I raged in a delusional state,
Enough to recall and relate,
I was in a paranoia mentality –
A dangerously grave gravity. 

Passers by were hapless victims
Of my unruly behavioural sins
Of investigating my suspicions
Of my voices’ miss-directions. 

But I always went on my way
To sing my sorrows another way,
As my insane misconceptions
Raised unwanted attentions. 

Off to the ward, an imprisonment
Of unjust, unwarranted punishment,
As the nurses don’t have the time of day
Constantly sending you on your way. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017
 
A past piece of being unwell. I found that while in hospital, most of the nurses were too busy on their computers to have the time of day for you!
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. This is an excellent insight of an illness that can happen to anyone, and like the illness I have Epilepsy it is frowned on by many. Thank you Andrew and good luck for the future.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words and sentiments. We have a similar but different circumstance, and it can be frowned upon by some! Blessings to you. Good luck to you too. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Through your poetry you create a harrowing picture of what it is like to suffer as you did. I hope that the process of writing poetry during that time you were in the hospital helped you get through it all, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. I've always enjoyed writing, and it has been a great help to express myself with. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete