Followers

Monday 1 January 2018

My Mate At My Gate

Inksy woke me up at two,
He was feeling quite blue –
He was as lost as a sheep
And to me he did bleat
About having a domestic
Which has left him sick,
As he is a lamb being led
With punches to the head. 

I know his partner well
And she is a devil from hell,
She is always patronising
Which can be demoralising.
My mate is nice and kind
And has a sound mind. 

© Andrew Stevenson 02/01/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
Sorry to sound negative, but I've barred Insy's partner from my humble abode on many occasions, offering her a reprieve after a while, but she always falls back into her old ways of drinking to much, which makes her not see much common-sense, and causes her to be argumentative! Blessings to you dear reader.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you have to be cruel to be kind Andrew.
    Loved the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. And yes, cruel to be kind, especially for my own sake! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. You must be a good friend, Andrew, if your friend can seek your help in the middle of the night. It sounds like he's in a toxic relationship. Sometimes the only thing you can do is extricate yourself.

    ReplyDelete