Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

She Lost It

She went away, to vent her frustration another way:
She cried and lied to protect herself with cautious stealth,
But deep within, she knew she'd committed a grave sin,
And she was to blame for playing the game of insane;
And what warrants scrupulous attention, is the mention
Of being apart from your faculties, you still have abilities,
But I hear the strife of you sound, and am now bound
To not raise a frown, as you are down, but turn it around
So, I am lost and can’t be found, as you hound me. 

But listen to me, and accept where I want to be, full of glee.
I'm quite happy on my own, but I like your company in my home,
But look at things from my perspective, and not to be neglectful
Of my feelings, as I care – I stare in disbelief at times with the crimes
Of domestic injustice concerning your health, a travesty for you and me. 

© Andrew Stevenson 14/01/2018
 
A poem I wrote denoting Sophie, my recent ex, who has a psychotic disorder. We clashed a lot of the time, as she was always suspicious - I was treading on egg-shells around her! She made me ill at the best of times! She has since had a baby, who's been taken off her and put into a foster home - very sad indeed. She got in-touch over Christmas, but I'm not interested in getting back with her!

 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. What a sad poem Andrew. I do hope you find the happiness you deserve. My heart too goes out to your ex. having had her baby taken away.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind concern. I'll seek a Lady meek, so she'll be a treat warming me with a comforting heat. It is sad she got the baby taken away, but she is very unstable. Her first son, is in the custody of his father. Apparently she had the baby without notifying the authorities, and kept it from them until she got caught out! A sorry tale to tell! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. A sad poem and comment for sure, Andrew. A very wise Anglican priest once told me when I was in a difficult situation that sometimes you have to chose to save yourself, even as someone else goes down. I so know what walking on eggshells is like, and I will never do it again. I hope you never have to either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. It's not nice when you are treading on egg-shells around a loved one! Very hard to live with! Sorry you've experienced it too. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete