Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

Wake To Ache

My dog was spooked during the night,
She was shaking with having a fright,
She woke me up with lying by my head
So I had to get out of my warm bed.
I didn’t hear what she had sadly heard –
It might have been something absurd
Such as late-night drunks in our alley
Which sometimes does upset Sadie. 

I comforted her in the lounge on the settee,
She snuggled up to me as nervous as can be,
I put on the TV to drown out any sound
Of possible drunks sadly hanging around.
She soon settled back to her usual-self
Not shaking and in much better health. 

© Andrew Stevenson 27/01/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Your poor daog Andrew, but she had you to comfort her as she has no doubt comforted you in the past.

    Enjoy your weeekend.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind sentiments. And she is a comfort, especially when I'm unwell! Blessings to you. Enjoy the rest of your Weekend. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Compassion in action! Poor little Sadie! Poor you, too, because you were probably tired the next day. I bet Sadie adores you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind expression with having comforting compassion. We adore each other! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete