Followers

Thursday 4 January 2018

Favouring Summer

I long for the hot weather
That summer has to offer,
To feel the warming heat
While walking the street,
I am craving and pining
For our sun to be shining,
I like it when I get a tan
Looking as nice as I can.  

To gambol across a plain
Again with happiness to gain,
To stroll through a meadow
Where wild flowers grow.
To appreciate Mother Nature
In all her flourishing splendour. 

© Andrew Stevenson 04/01/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem Andrew, having the beach closeby is great especially in the summer.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. I envy you being close to the beach! I have the River Dee nearby! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure people along the Eastern Seaboard of the USA and Canada are longing for the heat of summer right now! Summer is a special time, for sure; and being outdoors during the summer is extra-special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. I love being outdoors in the Summer! I have nice walks with my pet dog, Sadie. Sorry for any bad weather the USA and Canada have been experiencing! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete