Followers

Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Worthwhile Trial To Smile

I’ve been to see the dentist
And now have a new denture,
New teeth are on my bucket list
For sometime in the near future;
Others now enjoy my nice smile
As it is a pleasant sight to see,
It has been a trial worthwhile
As missing teeth troubled me. 

I can now charmingly grin
With my pearly whites in,
I’m pleased with their fit
As they have a good grip.
I can now chomp and chew
The meat I put in a stew. 

© Andrew Stevenson 06/02/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
I had four separate appointments to fit my new denture! I'm very pleased with the result.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. As a wearer of dentures myself I can appreciate how you must be feeling. Smile away Andrew it makes alot of difference in life. Great poem I enjoyed.

    Yvonne.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words and sentiments, they are greatly appreciated. Sorry you have dentures too! But they do the job, which I am happily smiling about! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. This poem made me smile! I'm glad that you are pleased with your new pearly whites! There is nothing worse than dental woes ~ at least when it comes to pain. I've found that people react to a warm smile, so smile away, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. I am happily smiling away. Glad you enjoyed the piece and it brought a smile to your face. I usually hate going to the dentist, but this time it was worthwhile as I now have a pleasant smile. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete