Followers

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Sane And Able But Banished

My pains in life are an open book,
My face lines have nothing concealed,
Walk past, give me that second look,
Horrified at the revelations revealed. 

Could you use those lines to write
All of my violent angst and stresses,
While shaking inside with no respite
Like my author wills and blesses. 

Blessed me with little or no will
As I am a puppet being mastered;
Preordained with mighty skill
By a Biblical Fatherless bastard. 

Strong words I regrettably know
Will ruffle a few dove feathers,
But hardship runs so terribly slow;
A canter of our endeavours. 

Yes I drank and was a drunk,
But it did not numb the pain,
Like a wounded ship I sank
To rock bottom again and again. 

Take his pen; can your ink flow
More gracefully than my before,
Take the present time to know
Human nature at its deepest core. 

Upbringing and peer pressure
Can influence, shape and form,
Individually can get the better
Off an innocent victim’s ‘norm’. 

Superficial zombies like me
Earth’s lonely streets engulf,
Stare hard and you might see
A lamb beneath a howling wolf. 

If you could write my last chapter
Would an understanding lady unfold,
And would we live happily ever after
As my greatest love story ever told. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017 

The poem denotes mental illness. 

The phrase ‘Biblical Fatherless bastard’ in the last line of the third stanza is indicative to the devil.
 
Thank  you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. This is a powerful poem, Andrew, perhaps the best of yours I've read so far. It comes from a painful, painful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. Thank you for your understanding. Glad I've been well for a long spell. Thank you for liking the piece. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to much of your poem Andrew as Epilepsy has a discrimination attatched to it. You are open and honest and your message comes across very well.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yvonne, for you kind understanding. Take good care yourself. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete