Followers

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Rising Early

I’ve been out walking,
The weather is freezing
With a cold wind blowing,
It’s the climate for snowing
But the clouds aren’t showing.
A new day will soon be dawning,
Hopefully the sun will be shining
To greet everybody who’re waking. 

Sadie was pleasantly running,
She was stalking and chasing
The ducks that were lingering,
But gladly they were escaping.
I like wayfaring in the morning
With peace and quiet pleasing. 

© Andrew Stevenson 14/02/2018
 
A poem with the same rhyming suffix throughout.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun picture you create of Sadie chasing lingering ducks, Andrew! I was out walking today, after the torrential rain finally departed. I saw a rooster, of all things, among some palm trees just feet from the sands of Waikiki! I know there are lots of feral roosters and hens throughout the Hawaiian Islands, but Waikiki??? I hope things are warming up where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise, thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the piece. I enjoy my walks along the river, and canal, and like the peace and quiet of the early mornings. I didn't realise roosters roamed free there! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Take care in this cold and wet spell Andrew. loved the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words and sentiments. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete