Followers

Friday 2 February 2018

I Am Me

Wondering of a release from wandering with a pace,
And what expectations I might ultimately have to face,
But an understanding of this demanding conceptual reality
Is soon to be, as I am soon to be released to be free. 

And what stresses I is to beware a stare from others
With neglectful misconceptions, from experienced lovers,
As to have loved another is to know feelings of loving care,
And to be neglectful with this warrants a hostile glare. 

But I will restrain from this ill-gain,
As I am tame and like honour in I name,
As I am gentlemanly, and speak pleasantries –
Regardless of these patronising negativities. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/02/14
 
A past poem of suffering with bipolar with stressing what others thought of my  insane behaviour that I've re-edited. I am well at the moment.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Well said and written Andrew, whatever happens in our lives we are what we are. Me having Epiletic seaizures in the street have had some neighbours calling me insane(no reflection on your illness) but it has hurt me all the same.
    Good luck.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for you understanding. I've been delusional in the past, thinking everyone is plotting and scheming against me, and sometimes act upon my suspicions. Sorry you've suffered likewise. My daughter has had seizures out in public - not a nice experience to go through. Some people can be harsh with their misunderstanding. Blessings to you. Good luck to you too. How are your new meds working? Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that it must be difficult on some level to leave a hospital because you don't know what you might have to face on the outside. You've been through a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind understanding. I have been through a lot, and for so many years. I first started suffering during my early twenties. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete