Followers

Saturday 3 February 2018

Without A Home

Here I am on a park bench, peacefully sat,
When who walks on up – a junkie gutter rat;
Look at him very thin, all skin and bone
With a face so thin and without a home.
He looks to me like he’s off his head –
Oh my God is this his night-time bed:
To my home I'd like to take the lead
To give the poor lad a proper feed. 

But I won't, because he'd rob me blind,
That's how he'd repay me for being kind;
So I'll pick myself up and leave him behind,
And hope for a much better next-time.
But beside my bed I'll say a humble prayer
That our glorious Father may lend a care. 

© Andrew Stevenson 17/03/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. A most thought provoking poem Andrew, Makes one count their blessings.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. I'm always thankful for what I've got, when so many others in the world have less! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. So many people who are down and out through homelessness and drug addition are distressing to see. I get your caution, and I hope that your prayer helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind sentiments. I have old school friends who are drug addicts, who often find themselves homeless. We can hope for a better day for them with some prayer. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete