Followers

Saturday 10 February 2018

Belonging Pining

I’m longing for Springtime again,
With Mother Nature’s new spell
Of nurturing life to grow well
With both plenty of sun and rain,
And flourishing with her nourishing
Blossoming life will be blooming,
Which is pleasing for us looking
As it can be a pleasant blessing. 

With enthusiasm I am very keen
To walk again in pastures green,
To see the odd gushing stream
With birds washing to keep clean.
My smiling face will be all aglow
To see the pretty flowers on show. 

© Andrew Stevenson 10/02/2018
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Your sonnet made me think of the joy of watching birds slashing in water. They always fill me with delight! Wishing you delight in your new day, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. Birds are delightful. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Dear Andrew your love for life, seasons, and all comes out beautifully in this poem and your many others I read here.. keep on with the lovely sharing of yourself... love and prayers.. joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, for your kind words. I'm an open book to read with my heart on my sleeve! Glad you've enjoyed reading my pieces. Love and prayers to you too. God bless. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. I too am longing for spring Andrew. This cold weather is so tiresome. Lovely sonnet.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. Spring is thankfully only around the corner! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete