Followers

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Wayfaring Wondering

I see light cascading through the trees
And feel the calming, cooling breeze
And walk on with a sense of ease. 

The sun-rays fall like drops of snow
Inquisitive of the scenery I begin to slow
To admire the translucent show. 

Looming silhouettes are all around,
Leaves are making an eerie sound
Blowing across the autumn ground. 

I like the sense of being able to roam,
But beckoning is my humble home
As I now feel so incredibly alone. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Another awesome piece, Andrew, with a surprising punch at the end! Well done ~ sorry you felt so alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. Glad you liked it. I wrote this piece for a Creative Writing class assignment many years ago. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself.Another great verse Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete