Followers

Monday 19 February 2018

My Companion

Sadie my pet dog, keeps me company,
She is not judging me for my insanity,
And as she snuggles up close to me
I feel love and a little tranquillity. 

She barks often, and up stands her hair,
And she can pace the lounge with care,
So I watch in my gladness without sadness
As she is well built with much prowess. 

She defends by being alert to all sounds
And heads for the door in leaps and bounds,
She is brave and is willing to put up a fight
Which is a protective measure that I like. 

© Andrew Stevenson 11/03/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. If I'm remembering correctly, Sadie is a Jack Russell Terrier. Terriers have big spirits in small bodies, and they're ready to take on anything. Gotta love them. It's great that the two of you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind sentiments. I'm glad we have each-other too. She has got a big spirit for a small dog. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete