Followers

Sunday 4 February 2018

Soberly Being Merry

My mate Inksy, is in a hostel,
He has related that it is swell
And he is fine and feeling well.
He is back with his ex, Maria,
Now his near and dear I hear
As she is keeping off the beer
And not giving him much stick
Which was making him sick. 

Yesterday he came to see me,
I was pleased to see him happy,
He was going to church at ten –
A place he goes to quite often.
I like him for being a Christian
As I also believe in the Son. 

© Andrew Stevenson 05/02/2018
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well for you pal Andrew. Good luck to all.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind sentiments. Maria suffers from anxiety and depression, and Inksy has a severe bad back. They have their problems, but gladly she is trying to stop the drinking. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Battling alcoholism is difficult, and so is dealing with a bad back. Inksy and Maria certainly have a lot to handle. I wish them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind concern and well wishes. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete