Followers

Saturday 13 July 2024

Sane And Able But Banished

 My pains in life are so an open book,

My face lines have nothing concealed,

Walk past, give me that second look

Horrified at the revelations revealed.


Could you use those lines to write

All of my violent  angst and stresses

While shaking inside with no respite

Like my author wills and also blesses.


Blessed me with little or no will

As I am a puppet being mastered,

Preordained with sad mighty skill

By a Biblical Fatherless bastard.


Strong words I regrettably know

Will ruffle so a few dove feathers,

But hardship runs so terribly slow - 

A canter of my mad endeavours.


Yes I drank and was a sad drunk

But it did not numb the mad pain,

Like a wounded ship I deeply sank

To rock bottom again and again.


Take his pen, can your ink flow

More gracefully than my before,

Take the present time to know

Human nature at its deepest core.


Upbringing and peer pressure

Can influence, shape and form,

Individually can get the better

Of an innocent victim's norm.


Superficial zombies like me

Earth's lonely streets engulf,

Stare hard and you might see

A lamb beneath a howling wolf.


If you could so write my last chapter

Would an understanding Lady unfold,

And would we live happily ever after

As my greatest love story ever told.


Copyright Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017


This poem denotes mental illness. The phrase 'Biblical Fatherless bastard' in the last line of the third stanza is indicative of the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment