Followers

Monday 1 July 2024

To Feed A Need

 I am living a comfortable lifestyle here,

It is a new build house I do raise cheer - 

We are allowed to drink the odd beer.


My horizon is as sunny as the dawn sun,

But I am not under a cloud raining some,

I am aptly content with a new life begun.


That staff her I can relate are quite great,

And the other three residents I don't hate,

My time to get here has been a long wait.


I was in a psychiatric hospital you see,

I waited for a placement impatiently

For sixteen months approximately.


I have treated myself to a new laptop,

I am buzzing like having a brandy tot

As I am on fire with pieces not forgot.


As I am posting again the odd article,

Be it a poem or short story I am able

To reiterate them to put on your table.


Just 'food for thought' for you to read,

As I greatly appreciate your apt need

Of reading a poetic seed with greed.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I aim to pleasingly please with pleasure for your leisure! Love love, Andrew.

      Delete